After a rigorous selection process, the CineTotoo Philippine International Documentary Film Festival would like to announce the 11 finalists for the Philippine Section of its inaugural edition. The finalists are:
- Ferdinand Balanag’s “Agbalbalitok”
- Ivy Rose Universe Baldoza’s “Marciano”
- Sigfreid Barros-Sanchez’s “Ang Gitaristang Hindi Marunong Magskala”
- Rafael Froilan’s “Mananayaw”
- Charliebebs Gohetia’s “Kung Giunsa Pagbuhat ang Bisayang Chopsuey” (How to Make a Visayan Chopsuey)
- Richard Legaspi’s “Ang Walang Kapagurang Paglalakbay ng Pulang Maleta”
- Nef Luczon’s “Migkahi e si Amey te, Uli ki pad” (Father said, 'Let's Return Home')
- Carla Samantha Ocampo’s “Walang Rape sa Bontok”
- Nawruz Paguidopon’s “Trip to Haifa”
- Jan Tristan Pandy’s “Gusto na Umuwi ni Joy”
- Keith Sicat’s “Chronicles of the Komikero”
“We are very happy with the initial turnout and the eventual finalists. The stories are really fresh and compelling. I’m looking forward to how they will execute their creative vision and treatment for their respective documentaries” says Festival Director Joseph Israel Laban.
CineTotoo will be awarding grants worth P150,000 each to the 11 Filipino documentarists to produce their respective documentaries. These films will be screened in competition in local theaters this August. CineTotoo is a special project of GMA News TV Channel 11.